Sunday 22 May 2011

3D areas textured

These are the 3D areas I made and then added textures on to them to make them complete. Some of the textures I created myself using Photoshop. This first one is the Marble Zone area I used Marble textures for the the arch collums and the big block. The purple blocks are the sprites from the game but with a added effect to make them more 3D and stand out more the spike, spring and the checkpoint I didn't add anyhing on them because I though they were fine as they were. The lava floor texture  I made in the program using a gradient and some efects and lastly then added my some logo on to the signpost to complete it.

 Marble Zone



The second one is the Starlight Zone area this one has the most self made textures on it. Using the original sprites as a base I then created multiple textures one being normal with altering shades of green. As fot the others one of them had graffitti on it which reminds of the bad future zones from Sonic CD, another was made to look like it has been rusted to show ageing and the last one had windows on it with the normal green colour scheme around it. For the plates on top of some of the platforms I created a steel texture with dust and dirt marks over it to make it look like it hsd been used. I used the same texture for the catapults minus the dust.

Starlight Zone

The last one was the one based off the Sonic 3 2-player level called Azure Lake, looking at the original sprites I created my own texture which loooked like the foreground of the level but it my own way. For the slopes on the level I got a free Rock texture and altered it in Photoshop to fit the colours and scenary. The grass I was able to create by watching a online tutorial and can only been seen like grass when rendered, the same goes for the small lake in the middle the water can only been seen like water when the area has been rendered.

Azure Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment