Wednesday 11 May 2011

3D areas

For LZ103 my intention was to recreate a 2D level from the Sonic the Hedgehog series into a small 3D area, so I drew up some designs for a 3D area and used 3DS Max to try and model them. I was going to make only one area intially but I perhaps might make more then one for a bit of variety.

The first area is based off the Marble Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 1 I choose this because I didn't want to recreate the first level and I thought it was interesting with the contrasting colours and quite the opposite in theme to the first level. I have modelled in a marble arch  and pillars and the structures for standing on there is also spikes of which there is a abundance of in this level and a checkpoint. The floor would be covered in lava.


Marble Zone


The next 3D area is based off the Starlight  Zone from Sonic 1 I choose this because I Liked the idea of having a area which is based high up on top of buildings and structures. I have modelled in some platforms and some catapults unique to that level there are also some tops of buildings and some structure poles. The floor for this would be perhaps some misty fog of lights.
Starlight Zone

The 3rd are I have modelled is the 2-player level Azure Lake from Sonic the Hedgehog 3, I choose this level because it's only a small 2-player level and I like the colour scheme on it, the contrasting purples and greens. For this area I have out in so far two standing structures and and some sloping hills. For this one I have experimeted with trying to add some grass to it which I think gives a good effect.
 Azure Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment