Thursday 27 January 2011

Creating a 3-D house

 I started off by creating a small house structure in the program called 3-D Max, I made 2 walls first one length wall and one witdh wall. Then I added the windows to do that I made a box go 2 boxes go through the longer wall, then selected the wall where I wanted the windows and selected the compound objects menu. Next by clicking on pick Operand B then just clicking on the boxes going through the wall, which deleted them making holes in the wall.

Then I went about copying the 2 walls by going to the "select and move" button and then selecting one wall at a time holding the Shift key and then draging the wall out to make a duplicate of it. After I had all 4 walls Imade a floor by making a flat surface and then re-sizeing it to fit the house. Here is a screenprint of the house

Next was adding textures to the house, using the internet I went and found suitable textures that I could use for the walls and floor I made my selection first then to apply them I went and brought up the creative menu; then maps > bitmap > select the image you want. Then  clicking on the "assign material to selection" and then "view selection in viewpoint" after doing this seperatly for the walls and the floor the house looked like this.

Then I added a onmi light into the house to create shadows. You move the light anywhere you want and it will create light wherever you put it.

Finnaly I tryed different kind of light forthe house model called the spotlight. With the spotlight you can move around at angles and pivot it around and select somewhere on the house for the spotlight to revolve around. With this spotlight I got it to shine through the windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment