Monday 14 February 2011

Unity (warehouse)

I first started by opening the program and this I adjusted the sceen layout and turned the grid on.

I then started up a new file and restarted the program then imported all the meshes and textures I needed by copying and pasting them into the right place so I could use them. After it had finished I started to place the objects on to the grid using 0,0,0 for the cordinates. Pre-hand they I had re-size all the objects to 1 instead of 0.1, once all the objects where in place I could switch to the game screen and play on what was there. But since there was no light I couldn't see where I was goingwhilst playing, so I added a global light temporaly so I could see where I was going. I took screenshots of the gameplay screen.



After I had a test of the game I went about adding a light and texture, so I deleted the global light that I used to test the game and added in a point light, That light will only shine on the spot within the area set and not light up the whole set.

Then I added texturing to the floor using the imported textures I put into the program earlier, I had to use the right textures on the bump specular and bump defuse, so it came just right if there was a probelm with a texture I just clicked on fix now. I could also rotate the light in any direction

I then did the same thing with the back walls, I had to swap the U.V mapping on the wall textures or else they wouldn't line up into place properly.


Next adding texture to the metal door again swapping the U.V mapping




No comments:

Post a Comment